• Offer you a gift or discounted offer in exchange for 90 minutes of your time?
• Take your “90 minutes” and turned it into a 2 plus hour tour of aggressive, pushy, manipulative, and/or deceptive sales tactics that in some way manipulated your purchase?
• Claim that you can rent your timeshare to non-members and make money?
• Claim that you can sell your timeshare as property for financial gain?
• Make empty promises to buy back the timeshare?
• Fail to disclose that ALL timeshare contracts have a perpetual clause that obligates your heirs, successors, and assigns inherit all financial and legal obligations?
Failure to disclose any of these terms and conditions prior to entering into a legally binding timeshare contract; is a violation of the Consumer Protection Act.
Consumer protection law or consumer law is considered an area of law that regulates private law relationships between individual consumers and the businesses that sell those goods and services. Consumer protection covers a wide range of topics, including but not necessarily limited to product liability, privacy rights, unfair business practices, fraud, misrepresentation, and other consumer/business interactions.
It's a way of preventing fraud and scams from service and sales contracts.
As consumers if any of these rights are violated, the consumer has the right to fair compensation of just claims as long as the claims are warranted.
Advocate Financial Services has been contracted by four (4) of the major Timeshare Law Firms in the country to bring awareness to the public that legal services are available to timeshare owners who believe the timeshare was sold to them under fraudulent, deceptive, and manipulative sales tactics. Legal ways to cancel a timeshare contract are only available through a licensed attorney who specializes in the area of timeshare law.
Do not be misled by companies who offer “consulting services” to get out of a timeshare contract. Hiring anyone else other than a timeshare attorney to legally cancel your timeshare contract is essentially practicing law without a license.
Getting rid of a timeshare can be a challenge; unless you hire an attorney.